Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Convention Swaps!

As you read this, I'm heading off to Salt Lake City to enjoy a few days with hundreds of other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators - yay!!!

Here are the swaps I made... I cranked out around 60 of them and it wasn't hard at all! Gotta love good-looking, simple cards! And what's even better is that this card can use virtually any Designer Series Paper, which makes every one look different! Here are a few of my favorites:






All of these used the absolutely adorable Storybook Friends stamp set (a new favorite of mine, especially the little duck!) as well as the stamps in the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit - oh boy, do I LOVE those! Seriously - you have to join just to get those! (ask me how)

But the neatest thing about this card, I think, is that although it LOOKS like I used Delicate Details Lace Tape on each one, I actually only used ONE strip for ALL of them! The idea came straight from Patty Bennett, and it will be a technique I use over and over, I'm quite sure! It's as easy as positioning a strip of Lace Tape on your cardstock and then sponging over it.

When you remove the tape, it leaves the beautiful essence of the lace and you get to use the tape over and over! I'm not kidding - I used this SAME piece of tape for all 60+ of my cards and it could easily do another 60 more. Although it is easily repositionable (another feature that I LOVE), it has some sort of bionic adhesive that NEVER loses its stick!

Thank you, Patty, for such a wonderful way to make our Lace Tape go miles and miles further!

So, this is me - signing off until after convention! (I hope they like my swaps!)
Michele

Delicate Details Lace Tape
#130966, $9.95


Storybook Friends
Wood: #132079, $24.95
Clear: #126737, $17.95

No comments: